Born and educated in Dublin, Ireland (Eire). After completeing my A-levels, I spent a year in business college, where I successfully completed an international secretarial course.
I worked in the clerical field for 3 years. Before emigrating to Milan, Italy, I sat my TEFL examination which qualified me to teach English as a foreign language.
I have been continually augmenting my qualifications in this field, through seminars and a range of specialised training courses and in 2004 became a member of “ELTAF” the English Language Teachers` Association. Frankfurt/Rhine-Main-Neckar e.V.
Most of the time spent in Italy was in Milan, where I worked as a travel consultant for the “ Irish Tourist Board” and as a freelance English teacher for big companies such as the Italian Telecom and 3M.
When I returned to Ireland, I took a degree in Italian and the Italian Culture at the “Italian Institute of Language and Culture in Dublin.
I continued working in the travel business in Dublin until I moved to Germany in October 1992. Since 1993 I have been working as an English language consultant for companies and different educational institutions.
Additional certificates which I have been awarded since living in Germany:
- MA in “Applied Linguistics” , with the main focus on the English language, at St. Mary´s University, Twickenham London, graduation 2016.
- Cambridge Oral Examiner for General and Business English, since 2006
- Trinity College London – Certificate in International Business English, 2009
- Certificate in One-to-One Language Coaching (Mark Powell Communications) 2010
- Trainer in Intercultural Competence in English, 2010
- (European Language Competence)